Posted Feb 5, 2016 | Category: Family Dinner
Enjoy a delicious meal at Hauser’s Annual Family Pasta Dinner!
Tickets can be purchased online through Cheddar Up or, money can be turned in to your school’s office, by Monday, 2/8, with Family Name and number of tickets desired.
Tickets purchased in advance, through Monday, 2/8, are $5 per person and $7 per person thereafter and at the door. All advance purchase tickets will be waiting for you at the check-in table, on the night of the event. All are welcome! All D96 5th graders and children age 5 and under eat free, with a paying adult.
Posted Feb 5, 2016 | Category: Book Fair
The Book fair is next week!
Come visit our “Feeling Groovy” book fair! We are there from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm Tuesday and Wednesday, also during the pasta dinner Wednesday, and before and after school on Thursday.
- Your child will have the opportunity to shop the fair with his or her ELA class on Tuesday or Wednesday. Please send money if you wish your child to be able to shop.
- The ELA class with the most participation wins a class Pizza Party!
- Enter our raffle to win a basket of Scholastic Products. Raffle Tickets will be given to all those that attend the Pasta Dinner.
- While you are there, check out your child’s classroom wishlist. Purchase a book and help build the classroom library!
- Such great new titles and amazing books. Help your child meet their reading goals
Can’t make it in? Shop online and Hauser still gets the credit. Your books will be delivered to your child at school. Visit bookfairs.scholastic.com/homepage/hauser
Posted Feb 5, 2016 | Category: Friday Feature
On the first Friday of each month, PTO features a new topic that we think will help you. Today, we’re going to highlight some vehicles for communicating any concerns you have about what’s going on at Hauser or in District 96.
At some point, we all have questions about the way things are done, are unclear about certain procedures, or don’t agree with decisions made that affect our child’s education. How do you get answers? How can your voice be heard?
Here are some suggestions:
- Come to Hauser PTO’s next Town Hall meeting on Monday, February 22nd at 6:30pm in the Hauser Auditorium. This is a Q&A format meeting featuring PTO members and Mrs. Mahy, our principal. Bring your questions, concerns, and other feedback as they relate to Hauser and our district as a whole!
- Attend a Hauser PTO meeting(March 10, April 11, May 18). Mrs. Mahy always gives the Principal’s Report and is available to answer questions.
- Attend a Board of Education meeting.At the beginning of each meeting, the public is invited to make comments and be heard!
- Write to the Board of Education: You can also voice your concerns in an email to the entire Board of Education. Here is the email address that goes to the whole group: BOEmembers@district96.org. Follow the next link to get a list of individual email addresses: www.district96.org/school-board/, if you prefer to write to specific BOE members.
If you have questions about a certain issue, chances are that others do, too. If no one speaks up, nothing will change!
Finally, if you have any questions, concerns or ideas for our PTO, please email us at email@example.com.
Have a great Friday!
Posted Jan 30, 2016 | Category: Eighth Grade Events/Graduation
There will be a Eighth Grade Graduation Party kick off meeting on Wednesday, February 24, from 7-8:30 in the Hauser LRC. Anyone who is interested in volunteering for the party is invited to attend. We will brainstorm a theme and recruit people to take the lead on various tasks such as the invitation, decorations, and refreshments. Email Kim Bolton with questions or for more information.
Posted Jan 30, 2016 | Category: Book Fair
Love to shop? Want to help out the school? Hauser’s PTO makes it easy to do both at its annual Scholastic book fair. Every purchase raises Scholastic dollars that will be used to buy books for the school library and/or a teacher’s classroom library.
Students get the opportunity to shop during school hours, while the rest of the family can visit during the PTO’s Pasta Dinner on Wednesday February 10. Take the night off from cooking, bring the family, and browse the great selection of new titles and award winning books. You can choose a new book for your child or favorite teacher!
When: Tuesday, February 9 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday, February 10 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Thursday, February 11 7:30 am – 8:05 am
3:05 am – 4:00 pm
Where: Hauser Junior High Library Resource Center
Can’t make it in? Shop online and Hauser still gets the credit! Even better, the books will be delivered to your student. An expanded online selection of books and materials are available starting February 4 through February 17.
Go to: bookfairs.scholastic.com/homepage/hauser
If you have any questions contact: Kim Macchia at firstname.lastname@example.org or Angela Izzo at email@example.com.
Posted Jan 30, 2016 | Category: Writing Contest
See the attached flyer for details about the 6th Annual Hauser Creative Writing Contest. Entries are due on Feb 22.
Creative Writing Contest Details
Posted Jan 27, 2016 | Category: Family Dinner
Treat Your Family… Hauser’s Annual Family Pasta Dinner!
Wednesday, February 10th, 2016 – from 5:00 to 7:00 pm
L J Hauser Junior High Cafeteria
$5.00** advance purchase – $7.00 at the door
Come for the Boy’s Basketball Games!!
Shop Hauser’s Scholastic Book Fair in the Hauser Library!!
Stay for Dinner!!
Pasta with Sauce & Meatballs * Salad * Bread * Homemade Desserts * Lemonade
** FREE for all District 96 5th graders (with a paying adult) and children age five and under!
To pay online, use Cheddar Up.
To pay with check (made payable to Hauser PTO) or cash, use the attached flyer.
2016 Family Pasta Dinner Flyer
**Advance purchase tickets will be available at the door.**
Posted Jan 24, 2016 | Category: Family Dinner
Join us for a traditional Italian meal on Wednesday, February 10th in the Hauser cafeteria, shop the Hauser Book Fair and watch the 7th and 8th grade boy’s basketball game, all on the same night!
The Family Dinner requires many volunteers for a successful event. Please check out the VolunteerSpot signup, below. There are many different tasks to choose from for either before or during the event! Thank you!
Posted Jan 23, 2016 | Category: PTO Board
Are you interested in becoming more involved in your child’s junior high experience without cramping his/her style? Serving, as an officer, on the PTO Board is the perfect way! If interested, please contact a member of the Nominating Committee:
Ann Marie Dixon