2016-2017 Class Lists are now posted on the PTO website. The lists are password protected and password information will follow in a separate email.
On behalf of our Parent Teacher Organization, I would like to welcome all new and returning families to Hauser Jr. High School. We hope everyone enjoyed the summer and is ready for the start of the 2016-2017 school year!
Our PTO symbolizes a special partnership, one that bridges a child’s two very important worlds: home and school. If your child attends Hauser, you are a member of the PTO. We have no dues and have only a few fundraisers throughout the year. Some of the programs sponsored by the PTO include the Eighth Grade Graduation Party, Honor Roll celebrations, the annual Food Drive, Staff Appreciation Week, Scholastic Book Fair, Family Dinner and more!
We encourage you to get involved and be informed. Help make the environment at Hauser as rich as possible for our children. If you have an idea you want to organize, please share it! If you just want to lend a hand, there will be many opportunities – if everyone volunteers for one shift at a PTO event, that would be a huge help – plus students love to see their parents involved at school.
For now, we encourage you to:
- Subscribe to our Monday Feedblitz . You can sign up in the Newsletter Sign-Up section on the website. The feedblitz will contain information about our fundraisers, events, and volunteer opportunities, as well as important reminders about school and district programs.
- Follow us on Facebook!
- Attend our PTO meetings. Our first meeting is from 6-7pm on Thursday, September 1st in the Hauser auditorium – just prior to Hauser’s Fall Parent Night.
- Mark your calendar for the PTO-sponsored Town Hall meetings. These will be opportunities for you to ask questions and share your concerns with Hauser administration and PTO members. The first Town Hall meeting will be Wednesday, October 12th at 9am in the Hauser auditorium.
- Participate in our fall fundraisers – the Spirit Wear sale runs through September 15th, and the Mixed Bag Designs sale will start at the end of September. You can also opt out of fundraisers and give to the 100% Fund instead.
- Contact any PTO board member with your concerns, questions and/or ideas!
- Stephanie O’Brien, 1st VP of Communications
- Lisa Gaynor, 2nd VP of Members and Volunteers
- Riia O’Donnell and Sarah Leone, Co-3rd VPs of Fundraising
- Angela Izzo, Treasurer
- Paige Fumo Fox, Secretary
- Lisa Hennelly, Parliamentarian
Looking forward to a great year!
President, Hauser PTO
This information was originally posted on June 5, 2016. Please note that the article refers to events from a previous school year.
The Hauser PTO was recently awarded a grant from the Riverside Township to support the Paw Points program. Thank you to Carol Barlow for preparing the grant application!
This information was originally posted on May 16, 2016. Please note that the article refers to events from a previous school year.
Thank you to all of the families who participated in the Box Tops and Campbell’s Labels for Education programs. We earned $557 towards PTO funds for this school year!
Moving forward, we will only be participating in the Box Tops program. Please continue to save Box Tops throughout the summer months.
This information was originally posted on April 17, 2016. Please note that the article refers to events from a previous school year.
This is the last week cans and monetary donations will be collected for this year’s Canned Food Drive. We had a very successful All American Community Day this weekend. Our new total is 15,004! In the battle of the grades, 8th grade is still in the lead with 5,135 cans but 6th grade is closing the gap with 4,258 cans followed by 7th with 3,528.
Collection days at school this week will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Monday, April 18th – Last Incentive Day – Chicken Day – 30 cans or $15.00 donation
- Wednesday, April 20th – Cans and monetary donations will be collected at the Spring Orchestra Concert
- Friday, April 22nd – Last morning collection day
Friends, family and neighbors can still donate on-line using CheddarUp through Friday, April 22nd.
Help us reach our goal of 35,000 cans!
This information was originally posted on . Please note that the article refers to events from a previous school year.
The Honor Roll Ice Cream Social still needs volunteers to make this event a success. Please sign up today.
This information was originally posted on April 13, 2016. Please note that the article refers to events from a previous school year.
Please turn your form into your gym teacher or the office by Monday, April 18th.
Hauser PTO is sponsoring the “Plunge into Fitness” program offered by Raging Waves Waterpark in Yorkville, IL. Students are encouraged to track their exercise from now through April 11th. For every 30 minutes of exercise, students can fill in the fitness log. All completed logs turned in to the Hauser office by April 18th will receive a free ticket to the waterpark to be used this summer!
This information was originally posted on April 11, 2016. Please note that the article refers to events from a previous school year.
Congratulations to the winners of the Hauser Creative Writing Contest. Take a minute to read their great stories.
This information was originally posted on April 8, 2016. Please note that the article refers to events from a previous school year.
On the first Friday of each month, PTO features a topic of interest to parents. Since we weren’t in school last Friday, it’s coming today! This month we’re featuring a quick tip. Did you know that there’s a Power School app for your phone? You can now have access to your child’s grades, test and homework scores, school announcements and more…at your fingertips!
First, you need to go the App Store on your phone, search for PowerSchool and install it. You’ll need to set up an I-Tunes account if you don’t have one, then log into it. You’ll be prompted to enter our school code: DLHM and your PowerSchool username and password. Off you go!