Welcome to Hauser PTO’s first edition of the 1st Friday Feature, which will be sent out on the first Friday of each month. This month, we’re featuring some details about our PTO here at Hauser!
What is the PTO? Parents, teachers and staff working together to provide educational, cultural and social activities to support Hauser students and foster a strong school community, and guess what… PTO membership is automatic and free for every Hauser parent, guardian, staff member, and teacher.
When parents get involved in their children’s education, good things happen!
And when lots of parents get involved, it helps teachers and the school as a whole. The PTO is a great way to learn more about our school, get connected with parents, and play an important role in building the kind of supportive school environment where teachers and students alike can do their best work.
Visit our web site www.hauserpto.org and subscribe to our Feedblitz to receive email updates (you can also “like” us on facebook – hauserpto).
What do we do?
- Eighth Grade Graduation Celebration: A fun and memorable send-off for the eighth graders at Riverside Town Hall.
- Hauser Food Drive: Students have been teaming up to collect food for needy families for more than 40 years. Held in spring 2015.
- Honor Roll Ice Cream Socials: Special events to celebrate hard-earned student achievement.
- Teacher Appreciation: PTO volunteers provide meals for the staff during parent/teacher conferences in the fall, as well as the traditional luncheon and events during teacher appreciation week in the spring.
- District Calendar & Student Directory: These must-have items are available for purchase through the PTO.
- Provide financial support to teacher/staff led programs such as the annual writing contest, Power Readers, Greek mythology presentation, French Week and more!
- Give back to our school when there is a need and our funds are plentiful: uniforms for 8th grade sports teams and fitness room equipment are just a few recent examples.
- Spiritwear: Show your Cougar pride with a variety of blue and gold apparel, available for sale through the PTO.
- Book Fair: Proceeds from the three-day Book Fair provide new library and classroom books.
- Box Tops for Education/Target/Meijer: Easy ways for anyone to raise funds to go directly to the school – see our website for details.
- Pasta Dinner: The family pasta dinner and raffle/silent auction, featuring good food and good company, happens during the week of the Book Fair.
- Magazine Drive: Students sell magazine subscriptions to family, friends and neighbors — with 40 percent of the proceeds going back to Hauser.
2014-15 HAUSER PTO BOARD
- President: Carol Barlow
- VP Communications: Shannon Allegretti
- VP Member Services: Dorene Fliger and Romy Vargas-Gil
- VP Fundraising: Erin Durkin
- Secretary: Michelle Van Nice
- Treasurer: Laura Wagner
- Parliamentarian: Michele Mendoza
Please let us know if you have any ideas/comments/feedback!!