Hauser Directories are on the way. Families who purchased the 2014 / 2015 Hauser Directory will be receiving them the last week in October. They will be distributed to students during advisory.
Next order turn in date: Tuesday, October 7th
Great Prizes Available– Pick some VIP Ducks and have a chance to throw darts at the Money Board!!
Online Ordering and more!: From the online site, you can order magazines, check your sales report, and email family and friends that can help our school!
Follow theses EASY steps:
1. Go to http:www.gaschoolstore.com
2. Click on “Students & Parents Click Here”
3. Click on “Register Now.” Use our Online Store ID #2657336
Questions: Erin Durkin 708.447.9477 firstname.lastname@example.org
On the first Friday of each month, PTO features a new topic of interest. Today, we’re going to highlight the process through which students get teacher help before, after, or during school! We spoke with Mrs. Westin, Assistant Principal, to get the official word on this, as there have been some changes since last year.
So, what do you do if your child is not understanding the math he’s doing in school or doesn’t “get” the science homework? There is confusion in the parent community about this, so we are using this First Friday Feature to lay out the facts.
Here are the choices for getting help:
- Your child can make arrangements with his teacher to stay after school that day or a different day for additional help (no pass required).
- Your child can can get a morning pass (aka a “purple pass”) from her teacher, which allows students to enter school at 8:15 am (no earlier, unless arranged with the teacher).
- Your child can also email his teacher (or you can) in the evening to let him/her know that he doesn’t understand the assignment. Most teachers check email in the evenings. They will leave a note in the office that it’s OK for your child to enter the school early the next morning (8:15) for help.
- Your child can also obtain a pass from her teacher to come in during advisory for help.
So, in other words, help is available – you just need a pass to get it! Hauser teachers and administrators encourage students to take the initiative on their own to seek help, but, of course, parents are always welcome to communicate with teachers (email is usually the fastest).
Any questions about this should be directed to Mrs. Westin in the school office.
Have a great weekend!
Mark Your Calendar!
PTO’s First “Town Hall” Meeting
New this year, we are replacing three of our regular PTO meetings with a town hall style event. Parents are invited to bring questions and concerns before a panel of “experts.” Our goal is to improve communications between parents and administrators in an open forum.
Our first PTO Town Hall meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 8th at 9am at Hauser (not at Town Hall!). Members of the Hauser administration will serve on the panel.
Future PTO Town Hall meetings will take place on 12/8 and 2/25 at 7pm. If you have any questions about this, please contact Carol Barlow at email@example.com.
Keep clipping your Box Tops for Education and Labels for Education! We’ll be submitting these in the fall and again in the spring, so be sure to drop them off in the bin in the Hauser office as soon as possible. Last year we collected over $600 from Box Tops! While Campbell’s Labels for Education never expire, the Box Tops do have expiration dates, so be sure to hand them in promptly. Think you don’t have very many to drop off? Ask your relatives, friends and neighbors to save them for you! It’s a fun and easy way to contribute to the Hauser PTO!
If you ordered a District 96 calendar, they have arrived and will be distributed to your child in advisory this week.
PTO is waiting to get the approved family information to publish the Hauser Student Directory. We are hoping that it will be completed in the next few weeks. We’ll update you via feedblitz when they will be distributed.
If you haven’t ordered a calendar or directory, today (Monday, Sept. 22) is the last day.
If you have any questions, please contact Carol Barlow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Order Online
- Shop the Catalog
EARN PRIZES! The more orders turned in, the more prizes earned!
Students will be coming home with their selling packets tomorrow!
The Hauser Spiritwear sale ends on Wednesday, September 10. Don’t miss your chance to show your spirit!!
You can either order/pay online through the link below or print the order form and submit a check (made payable to Hauser PTO) to the school office. Please contact Diane Cervanka with any questions: 708-582-5165.
To Order online, Go to: www.AthleticsInk.com, go to “Stores,” then click on the HAUSER STORE BANNER at the top. All orders will ship to the school, regardless of the address you enter!
Welcome to Hauser PTO’s first edition of the 1st Friday Feature, which will be sent out on the first Friday of each month. This month, we’re featuring some details about our PTO here at Hauser!
What is the PTO? Parents, teachers and staff working together to provide educational, cultural and social activities to support Hauser students and foster a strong school community, and guess what… PTO membership is automatic and free for every Hauser parent, guardian, staff member, and teacher.
When parents get involved in their children’s education, good things happen!
And when lots of parents get involved, it helps teachers and the school as a whole. The PTO is a great way to learn more about our school, get connected with parents, and play an important role in building the kind of supportive school environment where teachers and students alike can do their best work.
Visit our web site www.hauserpto.org and subscribe to our Feedblitz to receive email updates (you can also “like” us on facebook – hauserpto).
What do we do?
- Eighth Grade Graduation Celebration: A fun and memorable send-off for the eighth graders at Riverside Town Hall.
- Hauser Food Drive: Students have been teaming up to collect food for needy families for more than 40 years. Held in spring 2015.
- Honor Roll Ice Cream Socials: Special events to celebrate hard-earned student achievement.
- Teacher Appreciation: PTO volunteers provide meals for the staff during parent/teacher conferences in the fall, as well as the traditional luncheon and events during teacher appreciation week in the spring.
- District Calendar & Student Directory: These must-have items are available for purchase through the PTO.
- Provide financial support to teacher/staff led programs such as the annual writing contest, Power Readers, Greek mythology presentation, French Week and more!
- Give back to our school when there is a need and our funds are plentiful: uniforms for 8th grade sports teams and fitness room equipment are just a few recent examples.
- Spiritwear: Show your Cougar pride with a variety of blue and gold apparel, available for sale through the PTO.
- Book Fair: Proceeds from the three-day Book Fair provide new library and classroom books.
- Box Tops for Education/Target/Meijer: Easy ways for anyone to raise funds to go directly to the school – see our website for details.
- Pasta Dinner: The family pasta dinner and raffle/silent auction, featuring good food and good company, happens during the week of the Book Fair.
- Magazine Drive: Students sell magazine subscriptions to family, friends and neighbors — with 40 percent of the proceeds going back to Hauser.
2014-15 HAUSER PTO BOARD
- President: Carol Barlow
- VP Communications: Shannon Allegretti
- VP Member Services: Dorene Fliger and Romy Vargas-Gil
- VP Fundraising: Erin Durkin
- Secretary: Michelle Van Nice
- Treasurer: Laura Wagner
- Parliamentarian: Michele Mendoza
Please let us know if you have any ideas/comments/feedback!!