On behalf of our Parent Teacher Organization, I would like to welcome all new and returning families to Hauser Jr. High School. We hope everyone enjoyed the summer and is ready for the start of school!
Our PTO symbolizes a special partnership, one that bridges a child’s two very important worlds: home and school. If your child attends Hauser, you are a member of the PTO. We have no dues and have only a few fundraisers throughout the year. Some of the programs sponsored by PTO include the Eighth Grade Graduation Party, Honor Roll celebrations, Salvation Army Food Drive, Staff Appreciation week, Scholastic Book Fair, and more!
We encourage you to get involved and be informed. Help make the environment at Hauser as rich as possible for our children. If you have an idea you want to organize, please share it! If you just want to lend a helping hand, there will be many opportunities – if everyone volunteers for one shift at a PTO event, that would be a huge help – plus students love to see their parents involved at school!
For now, we encourage you to:
• Read our Monday Feedblitz (subscribe if you haven’t already at www.hauserpto.org). The feedblitz will contain information about our fundraisers, events and volunteer opportunities, as well as important reminders about school and district programs.
• Follow us on Face Book!
• Attend our PTO meetings. Our first meeting is from 6-7pm on Thursday, September 4th in the Hauser library – just prior to Hauser’s Fall Parent Night.
• Mark your calendar for the PTO-sponsored Town Hall meetings, which are new this year. These will be opportunities for you to have your questions and concerns addressed. Our first Town Hall meeting will held on Wednesday, October 8th at 9am (more information to follow).
• Participate in our fall fundraisers: the spirit wear sale and magazine drive. We also collect Box Tops and Labels for Education and have easy fundraisers with Target and Meijer.
• Contact any PTO board member with your concerns, questions and/or ideas!
o Shannon Allegretti, 1st VP of Communications
o Dorene Fliger and Romy Vargas-Gil, 2nd VPs of Member Services
o Erin Durkin, 3rd VP of Fundraising
o Laura Wagner, Treasurer
o Michelle Van Nice, Secretary
o Michele Mendoza, Parliamentarian
Looking forward to a great year!
President, Hauser PTO