On behalf of our Parent Teacher Organization, I would like to welcome all new and returning families to Hauser Jr. High School. We hope everyone enjoyed the summer and is ready for the start of the 2015-2016 school year!
Our PTO symbolizes a special partnership, one that bridges a child’s two very important worlds: home and school. If your child attends Hauser, you are a member of the PTO. We have no dues and have only a few fundraisers throughout the year. Some of the programs sponsored by the PTO include the Eighth Grade Graduation Party, Honor Roll celebrations, Salvation Army Food Drive, Staff Appreciation Week, Scholastic Book Fair, Family Dinner and more!
We encourage you to get involved and be informed. Help make the environment at Hauser as rich as possible for our children. If you have an idea you want to organize, please share it! If you just want to lend a hand, there will be many opportunities – if everyone volunteers for one shift at a PTO event, that would be a huge help – plus students love to see their parents involved at school.
For now, we encourage you to:
- Subscribe to our Monday Feedblitz . You can sign up in the Newsletter Sign-Up section on the website. The feedblitz will contain information about our fundraisers, events, and volunteer opportunities, as well as important reminders about school and district programs.
- Follow us on Facebook!
- Attend our PTO meetings. Our first meeting is from 6-7pm on Thursday, September 3rd in the Hauser library – just prior to Hauser’s Fall Parent Night.
- Mark your calendar for the PTO-sponsored Town Hall meetings. These will be opportunities for you to ask questions and share your concerns with Hauser administration and PTO members. The first Town Hall meeting will be on Wednesday, October 7th at 9am in the Hauser auditorium.
- Participate in our fall fundraisers – spiritwear sale, magazine drive or 100% Fund. We also collect Box Tops and Labels for Education and have easy fundraisers with Target and Meijer.
- Contact any PTO board member with your concerns, questions and/or ideas!
- Stephanie O’Brien, 1st VP of Communications
- Lisa Freel, 2nd VP of Members and Volunteers
- Erin Durkin, 3rd VP of Fundraising
- Paula Fritsch, Treasurer
- Michelle Van Nice, Secretary
- Michele Mendoza, Parliamentarian
Looking forward to a great year!
President, Hauser PTO